Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nope, He's not our Federal Dependent either

Good grief! I got the very low-key white envelope from the IRS telling me about my 'mistake' on my taxes. A person cannot be claimed as a dependent unless they have that beloved set of digits called the social security number. Blah. Blah. Blah. Actually I was too irritated to read the whole thing. And then they have the audacity to say that if I agree with their decision that I can do such and such and we will receive our (much reduced) refund in a few weeks. Excuse me, if I agreed with their decision I wouldn't have sent all that documentation proving that Caleb is our legal dependent in the first place!!! Yet I know that disagreeing will get me nowhere at all.

Do they really think I would send a yearly report to the government of Ukraine--with several pages of pictures--reporting on the well-being and development of a child that wasn't mine!! (Yes, I included copies of all those, too)

I wonder if there is a real live person sitting in that office or if the response is just computer- generated?

Shaking my head and rolling my eyes . . . .

No comments: