Friday, March 13, 2009

While I'm Waiting

I have to be honest and say that waiting on our adoption of Steven is very difficult. I have several friends in Ukraine right now. Please know that I am sincere when I say how excited I am for them as their adoptions progress and as court dates are scheduled and adoptions are finalized. But my heart aches, wondering when it will be our turn. Sometimes it seems like it will NEVER happen. (But I do remember other times of thinking that our dossier paperwork would never come together completely and correctly--and it did)

So what do I do while I'm waiting? I read lots of adoption blogs. I follow my favorite Yahoo group, Reece's Rainbow avidly. I cling to the computer like it's my lifeline to our son. :) We do the regular normal everyday stuff. We keep loving and correcting our children And we keep serving God.

We have had the coolest opportunity come to us to go on a FAMILY missions trip to Mexico during Spring Break. (We plan to leave on March 15 and return on March 21) Both Kevin and I have done short-term missions trips in the past but I am tickled at this chance to involve our children. I so want our kids to expand their world view, to develop a heart for the needy, to fellowship with Christians from another culture, to experience the joy of letting their talents and willing hearts be used by God.

We're not totally sure of all we'll be doing. I think the main thing will be helping on a construction project--and since most of us are not particularly skilled in that area, I have just encouraged the kids to go with the attitude of wanting to be helpful. There will be two evening church services in 2 different towns. Kevin has been challenged to preach at one church (with an interpreter!) Scheri is planning to do 1 or 2 songs. It sounds like we may get to attend a school and Scheri may get to do a song there, too. I guess we'll know more about the details when we get back!

We would covet your prayers for safety on the roads, at the construction site and in Mexico in general. Many have expressed concern about us traveling there at this time. We have been assured that the areas we are visiting are calm and peaceful and safe--but please pray that they stay that way. Secondly, please pray for health. We have had sick kids over the last couple weeks--and we need to be healthy on our trip. Finally, please pray that we would be a blessing.

I'd like to invite you to view a video clip from "While I'm Waiting"--a great song from the fantastic "Fireproof" movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3b2jw1rjBc

And if you don't have time to listen here are the words and an explanation of the song by John Waller:

8. While I’m Waiting
Psalm 5:3, 27:14, 33:20, 37:7, 38:15, 40:1, Isaiah 30:18, Lamentations 3:24

John Waller"The explanation for this song is simple, I was waiting on God and I was hurting when I wrote the lyrics. I probably wouldn’t have written a song if my friend, Mike, hadn’t encouraged me to document what I was going through during that time. I’m sure there are few people who can’t relate to this song, but the important thing to remember while we’re waiting on God is to not just wait but to actively wait. Serve, worship and be faithful with what you have, where you are… “even while (you) wait.”

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord
© 2007 Travelin’ Zoo Music (ASCAP) (admin. by EMI CMG Publishing)

4 comments:

orphans4me said...

Someone mentioned not being able to leave a comment so I'm just checking out whether I can.
Joy

Anonymous said...

Your paperwork arrived OK in Kiev? Have they applied to a new judge? Amy

Kimberly Gail said...

I know what you mean about clinging to the computer like it is a lifeline to your child. I feel the same way.

Carson's Mom said...

I hope you have a wonderful time on the trip and I love that video- it is so true. Unfortunately for us, God has his own timeline and afterwards we can see that it is perfect but I like everything without the wait. Hang in there and enjoy your time in Mexico - it always feel nice to help others.

Kayla