Thursday, February 12, 2009

Court Today Was Pretty Rough

I know . . . 2 posts in one day!!

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for our preliminary court today. I didn't go so smoothly but that doesn't mean God hasn't been hearing our prayers. In fact, I hope you will all PRAY even harder for Steven.

I really don't think I should give all the details here but our facilitator was asked to prepare a few more papers to give to the judge at a hearing on Monday, 16th. We have also been asked to prepare two letters, get them notarized and apostilled and back to Ukraine before another hearing on Feb 26. One of these letters is to be an explanation to the judge of why we would want to adopt a child with DS.

It looks like we could be in for quite a lengthy procedure unless God sees fit to intervene more quickly. Otherwise may He give us the strength and courage to persevere. Please pray for Steven's physical and emotional health and safety during all of this. I'm so glad to know that God is the defender of the fatherless, that He is a Mighty Warrior, that He is a Mighty Conqueror, that He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords, that Jesus is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. The devil may just as well give up.

4 comments:

amyl4 said...

Dear Joy,
I will be praying for Steven and for you to be able to get every needed paper that is required. We all love Steven and want him home soon!
Amy

liesel said...

Oh Joy, you need some good news. I'll be praying for you my friend.

Miranda said...

Have you heard out anything at all about Sergey?? Sorry for the problems. I'll be praying for you.kafkmom0308@rock.com

ArtworkByRuth said...

Oh No! Just checked in to see how things went, ours went well today. Praying for you and Steven! God Bless!